Chris

Show in context Developer, Moderator, Beta Tester
Edited 11 months ago by Chris

Welcome to another update release of doogiePIM version 2.0.1.92
I wonder if you can guess what this version brings - Well, the title of this blog tells all.

You can download it here: https://bitespire.com/download.php

It has taken approximately 80 days of development to fully "localise ready" doogiePIM. This means making the input Unicode compatible in order to display other language characters. It is far from perfect as I don't speak the vast array of languages so I'm not sure if the display is correct. If you see any problems with any of the translations or display, then please let me know. As at the time of this blog, there is only English UK and US available but I do hope you will help to increase the international availability of doogiePIM by translating the user interface files.

For a bit of fun and as an example of how powerful the new UI system is, I've made one file called en-CUSTOM. This renames the Sections, eg: "Home" becomes "Dashboard". You are free to make your own. This isn't limited to translating into other languages. If you're happier calling Resources "Inventory" then go ahead and edit the UI files to your satisfaction.

Other changes in this release are quality of life tweaks. Such as increasing the size of the close button on the horizontal tabs. I realised the old ones were way too small. Recently, I had to work on a screen that was only 12 inches in size. doogiePIM ran very well with its ability to increase font size but those tab close buttons were microscopic.

Another favourite change came from a doogie user and that was to place a search box in the "Choose a folder" dialog. Simply brilliant and many thanks for that suggestion. It makes moving messages around so much faster. On the topic of messages, now when you blacklist a name the message is now sent to the junk folder. Any subsequent messages from that blacklisted address will go straight to the junk folder too. This was also a user's request.

The browser engine has some important security tweaks and I've implemented SitePerProcess making each domain request run in its own process. This helps stability and security of data. You will also find a new setting "Web Browsing Language". Change this and websites should display content in your own language, but only if they support the language definition. Google and other top sites certainly do.

I invite you to read through the mass of changes and fixes of which can be found here:
https://bitespire.com/doogiepim_history.php

As always, keep your bug reports coming in and many thanks for all your support.

Until next time,
Chris