The records in doogiePIM can be searched for in the relevant section for the currently selected folder by using the quick search facility located under the List View or the Card View. If you want a more advanced search or a list of matching items for exporting, then you could use the Database Search.
See Database Search for more information.
The search is case-insensitive. This means if you searched for "smith", then the system will find "Smith" and "SMITH". Regular Expressions are also supported
Enter the search text:
A normal search term so doogiePIM will find items that match SMITH.
Enter the regular expression search text:
This is a regular expression search. Here the example searches for items matching smith or jones.
See Syntax of Regular Expressions for more information.
The Quick Search bar that is located under section list views.
To Use the Quick Search
1. Choose from the "Search in" blue drop down text by clicking on the blue underlined text and choose the field you want to search in. If you are not sure which field to search in then choose "All Columns" from the list of choices.
2. Click on the matching type (next blue text) to change the way the search text matches the field:
Matches text inside text, eg: "BiteSpire" with match against "Made by BiteSpire Software"
Matches text that starts with text, eg: "BiteSpire" with match against "BiteSpire Software" but not "Visit BiteSpire Software".
Matches text that ends with text, eg: "BiteSpire" with match against "Made by BiteSpire" but not "BiteSpire Software".
Matches the text using a regular expression.
See Regular Expressions for more information.
3. Enter the text you wish to search for in the input box "Text".
4. Click on the Find First button on the right of the "search for" input box, to locate the first matching item in the list. Pressing Enter on your keyboard also activates this command.
5. Click on the Find Next button on the right of the "search for" input box, to locate the next matching item in the list.
If any item is found that matches your criteria, the appropriate record is automatically selected so the details are displayed in the item's information area. If no record is found, a warning dialog is displayed accordingly.
Introduction to Messages
Replying and Composing E-mail
Sending and Receiving E-mail
Message Rules and Filters